The nine luxury safari tents of Sal Salis – the only accommodation in the Cape Range National Park adjacent to Ningaloo Reef – is located in the heart of the newest World Heritage Area: the Ningaloo Coast, which was announced in Paris on Friday, June 24.
Over 600,000 hectares have been incorporated in the Ningaloo Coast World Heritage Area, including Ningaloo Reef itself and the Cape Range National Park. The listing officially recognised:
- the aesthetically striking coastal and terrestrial environment of Ningaloo Reef adjacent to Cape Range
- the lush and colourful underwater scenery and its contrast with the arid and rugged land
- the annual aggregation of whale sharks, one of the largest in the world
- the important aggregations and diversity of other fish species, marine turtles and marine mammals
- the rare and diverse subterranean creatures
- the diversity of reptiles and vascular plants in the dry lands
Whale sharks frequent Ningaloo Reef between March and August each year – and snorkelling alongside the world’s largest fish is one of the world’s greatest wildlife experiences.
Book your whale shark experience with Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef today!
Bookings can be made online or by phone 1300 790 561 (within Australia) or +61 2 9571 6399